Roof Cleaning In Tampa FL. Do you know what happens to some homeowners who have a dirty roof? They can actually have their homeowners insurance cancelled on them with no regard. Just watch this video to see the story:
Now, let’s get one thing straight. This is a very extreme circumstance that probably does not happen to many many people but it is a little alarming. Our goal is not to scare you into cleaning your roof but more so an opportunity to show you what you can expect and gain from a professional roof cleaning service.
Here is a few benefits of roof cleaning:
- Improve Curb Appeal: This is really the major one that most people enjoy when owning a home. It’s nice to look at your house from a distance and see a fresh, new looking home in amazing condition as well as having neighbors thinking the same
- Remove Harmful Contaminants: Removing mold, algae, moss, mildew, black streaks (most commonly formed by a Green Algae called Gloeocapsa Magma that is spread by airborne spores) is not only good for the roof itself but can also help your family’s health. These harmful allergens can cause allergies, illness and in some very extreme circumstances, death. Florida has one of the highest concentration of these types of contaminants that form
- Increase Property Value: If you are selling your home, applying for a home equity loan or having your property appraised your appearance can help increase the value of your property. Imagine if you were looking for a new home and narrowed it down to 2 homes and one has a beautiful looking exterior including a nice, clean roof (you may even think the roof is new or recently replaced) Vs. another comparable home with a dirty, nasty roof. You would probably put at least some emphasis into the roof appearance.
- Lower Utility Bills: Above, we mentioned the harmful contaminants that can form on your roof. Did you also know that those same things can also make your utility bills higher? The black color of the algae prevents the roof from reflecting the radiant heat from the sun. This raises the temperature in your attic and your home & can increase your utility bills just from this one little thing alone which is especially true here in Florida.
- Extend Roof Life: We mentioned the harmful contaminants that can collect on your roof but did we mention that they can also cause permanent roof damage? See, the mold, algae, moss and mildew can actually decay the protecting assets of your roofing materials like asphalt shingles and clay tiles. It can eat away at the roof shingles or tiles then penetrate the vulnerable areas of the roof (under the tiles or shingles) which is where most leaks begin.
Read Our Review Here